09 Feb Beet Dressing
by Amy Chaplin from her cookbook Whole Food Cooking Every Day
- 1small-medium cooked and cooled red beet
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1, 1/4 inch slice of a large garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt – plus more to taste
Put everything in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste. Use immediately or store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 days. The dressing will thicken once chilled. Thin with water if needed.
WENDY’s NOTE: Not only is this recipe one of the most beautiful dishes to present, it tastes so different than anything I’ve made. Amy Chaplin designed the cookbook with base recipes first and then offers variations – which means this cookbook is good for anyone from beginner to creative cook. I highly recommend!