25 Oct Pecan Pumpkin Butter
Fall equals apples and pumpkins. Here is our version of Pecan Pumpkin Butter that’s perfect as a replacement to any jam. Use as a dip for apples, spread on bread or as a topping for pancakes and waffles.
One of the secrets for this recipe is roasting the pecans – it makes the butter that much more rich and flavorful. If you are so inspired, puree your own roasted pumpkin.
What goes in:
- 1/2 c pecans
- 2 T maple syrup
- 15 oz can or box of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 t sea salt
- spices OR essential oils as outlined below
Use either spices OR essential oils as follows:
|1/2 t cinnamon|
1/2 t nutmeg
1/4 t all spice
1/4 t ginger
1/8 t cloves
zest of 1/2 lemon
zest of 1/2 orange
|4 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality|
2 drops Nutmeg Vitality
2 drops Ginger Vitality
2 drop Clove Vitality
2 drops Lemon Vitality
2 drops Orange Vitality
essential oil instructions: – combine this set of Young Living vitality essential oils into a glass dropper bottle and use 5 drops of the mixture in this recipe. Use the remaining in your cool-mist diffuser. NOTE: add the essential oils AFTER you heat the pumpkin.
Putting it together:
- Roast pecans in the oven on 350 degrees for about 7 minutes – let cool.
- In a food processor, grind pecans until finely ground.
- Combine the following in a sauce pan: pumpkin, maple syrup, pecans and spices (if using essential oils, add AFTER cooking) and cook on medium until simmering. Turn to low and let thicken – up to 20 minutes.