22 Mar Asparagus and Mushrooms Spring Dish
Spring is here and the asparagus crops are right around the corner.
- 1 lb asparagus spears, rinsed well, trim ends and cut stalks into 1-inch pieces
- 1 T water or broth
- 4 c portobello mushrooms, diced
- ½ c sweet onions, chopped
- 1 garlic scape, sliced
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 3 T flaxseed oil, avocado oil or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Heat water or broth. Sauté mushrooms, green onion and garlic scapes until soft.
- Add asparagus and heat through.
- Wisk together lemon juice, oil of choice, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Toss sauce with other ingredients.
- Great paired with a simple broiled salmon or grilled shrimp.
- Use leftovers for lunch the next day over a bunch of spring greens OR stuffed with greens into a gluten free wrap.
- A dollop of goat cheese also pairs nicely with this dish.