09 Oct coconut curry pumpkin soup
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
Sauté above on medium heat till onions are well done.
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 t curry powder
- 1 t cumin
- ¼ t red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ t salt
Add above and sauté another minute.
- 2 cups roasted pumpkin
- 4 cups broth of choice
- ¾ cup coconut milk (use full fat)
Add above and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 1 drop Young Living Coriander Essential Oil*
- OR 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 drop Young Living Black Pepper Essential Oil*
- OR 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Turn off heat and add above. Use an emersion blender to smooth.
When serving, add arugula and cooked brown rice and top with roasted pumpkin seeds. (optional)
*EO Drop: Fill a small measuring cup with some soup, drop the oil in that cup, then add to the soup and stir. This way, if you get too much EO, you won’t ruin the whole batch of soup!
If you are new to using essential oils in your cooking, you might want to start adding oils using the toothpick version: Dip a clean toothpick into the EO reservoir and swirl into the soup.