21 Jun Avocado Blueberry Muffins
2 c all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour)
2 t baking powder
½ t. baking soda
½ t. sea salt
1 ripe Hass Avocado
3/4 cup coconut palm or maple sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1 c plain Greek yogurt
6 oz fresh organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Spoon avocado into a stand mixer and beat until almost smooth. Add sugar and beat until well blended.
- Add the egg, beating until completely combined. Add the vanilla and the yogurt and mix well.
- Put the flour mixture into a sifter and sift half of the mixture into the batter and mix until just combined. Sift in the remaining flour and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Using a spoon, divide the batter among the 12 cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a wooden tester comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.