17 Mar Herb-Roasted Tricolor Carrots
These herb-roasted tricolor carrots are a simple yet flavorful way to elevate a typical roasted carrot recipe. Not only is this recipe beautiful, it is easy to put together and nourishes your body with amazing health benefits!
We’ve all heard that carrots are good for our eyes, but did you know that they are packed with nutrients that support heart health and the immune system and reduce the risk of cancer? Studies show that regular consumption of carrots has positive effects on one’s chances of developing heart disease. In specific, carrots contain the vasodilator, Potassium, which reduces the tension that may occur amongst blood vessels. Thus, this amazing vegetable decreases one’s risk of atherosclerosis, strokes, or heart attacks. Simultaneously, carrots improve the immune system, while their beta-carotene levels lower the risk of cancer. And let’s not forget about the Vitamin A that carrots have that will improve eyesight while preventing detrimental eye conditions! Eat up!
- 1 lb tri-color carrots
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp. garlic, fresh, minced
- 1 tsp. rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp. thyme, fresh
- Drizzle of cranberry balsamic vinegar (optional, and regular balsamic is fine too)
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel carrots and cut ends off.
- Cut carrots in half. Cutting halves on an angle makes for a really nice appearance, but isn’t necessary. Cut these halves into quarters so that each piece is approximately the same size. NOTE: You can cut carrots in any way you choose! Just be mindful of cooking time depending on the shape you choose to cut them.
- Place chopped carrots onto sheet tray. Drizzle carrots with melted coconut oil. With clean hands, toss the carrots around on the sheet tray to coat the carrots with oil evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper on carrots and toss again to evenly distribute.
- Roast carrots for 35 minutes, or until desired softness.
- Plate and if desired, drizzle with vinegar. Enjoy!