25 Feb energy bites
- created by wendy bright-fallon of renew wellness (www.renewwellness.net) for our cookbook nourish
Every time I make these, the ingredients are a little different. It all depends on what I have available and/or what my taste buds are searching for. Enjoy the process of making these almost all raw bites! Beware, they are loaded with calories so use them as a pre/post workout or a dessert – not a meal replacement unless, of course, you pair it with a load of veggies and greens. Keeps about a week – if they last that long!
gluten free, raw (almost), vegan (if you use maple syrup)
part one: make almond flour and date paste
- 1 c raw almonds (or almond meal)
- 1 c blended dates – about 12 or so large dates
- In a large food processor, grind almonds into a powder. Set aside. (This makes your own almond flour/meal.)
- In the same food processor, blend the dates into a paste.
part two: begin adding
- ½ t ground cinnamon
- ¼ t sea salt
- Combine almond flour, salt and cinnamon and blend.
part three: add the rest
- 3 T goji berries
- 2 T hemp seeds
- 2 T cacao nibs
- 2 T coconut
- 1 t water (or more, if necessary)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. (When you pinch the product together, it should hold.)
- Press the mix onto a parchment lined tray. Make it as thick as you want.
- Cut and serve.
Store in an airtight container or individually wrap for grab-and-go bites.